Why your journey to optimal skin health should start with a VISIA skin analysis.
When we look in the mirror at our faces, we all self-diagnose what we think are possible problems and concerns with our skin. It might be oily or dry skin, dark patches, spots, wrinkles etc.
If we have a facial or visit a cosmetics counter, we then tick boxes based on our self-diagnosis, for others to recommend us products to buy to resolve or mask our concerns.
There are two main issues with this…
The first being that the majority of us are not qualified dermatologists, we are simply guessing from looking at the surface of our skin what it’s telling us.
And this is the second issue, we can only see the surface layer of our skin. We don’t know what is actually going on with the other 90% of the thickness of our skin.
The majority of skin concerns actually stem from what is going on underneath the top layer of our skin. So, in order to truly work out what our skin needs to be healthy, we need to look a little deeper.
VISIA is a medical grade facial analysis machine. It is a bit like a photo/X-ray combination. It can see all three layers of the skin and analyses its health.
It takes multi-directional photos of your face, analysing eight different elements:
- 1. SPOTS – red or brown spots that are usually also visible to the naked eye
- 2. WRINKLES – furrows, folds or creases in the skin that can increase as a result of sun exposure and are associated with a decrease in skin elasticity
- 3. TEXTURE – Raised and depressed areas that indicate variations on the skin surface affecting skin smoothness
- 4. PORES – Circular surface openings of sweat gland ducts. Due to shadowing, enlarged pores appear darker than the surrounding skin tone
- 5. UV SPOTS -The absorption of UV light by epidermal melanin just below the skin surface results in the display and detection of UV spots that can result from sun damage
- 6. BROWN SPOTS -Pigmentation and discolouration on and beneath the surface of the skin
- 7. RED AREAS –Skin sensitivity, concentrated darker red areas, which may be related to a variety of conditions such as inflammation or spider veins
- 8. PORPHYRINS –Bacteria that can become lodged in pores
You then get a set of very different looking still images and results:
On top of the eight results above, you also get these additional results:
Percentile Scores: Based on the eight analysis areas, and using the world’s largest skin database, you get a score comparing your skin to the skin of others of your age, gender and skin type. This highlights all the positive and/or negative aspects of your skin health.
Truskin Age: Using your percentile scores and the skin database, you are given a ‘Truskin Age’. This is the age of your skin in comparison to your actual age. Again, this helps to highlight any positive or negative aspects of your skin health and how it is ageing.
Advanced Ageing Simulation: Combining the photos of your skin, your percentile scores and your Truskin age, VISIA then simulates your appearance from 18-80 years of age. Based on your current skin health.
Product matching: The results of your analysis trigger product recommendations. This could be to maintain your results or to treat and resolve any concerns or issues.
What are the benefits of having a VISIA skin analysis?
A VISIA skin analysis reveals to you the secrets of your skin. It allows you to go forward picking products and regimes that are going to benefit your skin health. You will be armed with facts rather than assumptions.
You’ll know for sure what products are worth investing in for long term skin health and which are superfluous or actually having an adverse effect on your skin.
We will also recommend relevant treatment paths that will help with any underlying skin issues.
Who is VISIA skin analysis for?
It is for anyone. It’s safe and works for any skin type, age and gender.
When should I have a VISIA skin analysis?
If you are serious about your long-term skin health or you are starting to have skin concerns. Now is the time to have a VISIA skin analysis. It is the best start before having treatments, using new products or undergoing non-surgical procedures.
Get the facts about your skin and then you know what you’re dealing with.
Find out more today
To find out more about VISIA at Skintique Clinic, or to arrange a general skin consultation with one of our highly trained therapists, enquire with our team today.